Graham is a Senior Project Manager with MBTW | WAI’s Landscape Architecture team and has been with the firm since 2000! Graham’s expertise and proficiency focus on 2D technical drawing, detailed design and project coordination. Graham’s knowledge of detailed design development and coordination, along with extensive experience liaising with officials from a variety of municipalities from all across the GTA, have made him a key contributor for a wide range of project types.
1. How long have you been working for MBTW | WAI and what do you enjoy most about working here?
Since 2000. I enjoy the diversity of personnel, we have such a great pool of design talent all under one roof, our diverse projects are certainly a reflection of that great talent.
2. Why did you choose a career path in landscape architecture?
Fate? I was in school for architecture technology and a posting for MBTW came up as I was looking at my post-education options. So here I am!
3. If you were not in this field, what would your alternate occupation be?
I’d like to say a design field of some kind, but for some reason journalism seems to be an interesting field, I might be doing something with that if I wasn’t where I am.
4. What is an exciting project that you have or are currently working on at MBTW | WAI?
One I’m currently working on would be the South East Community Centre in Oakville. One I worked on, the Pier 8 Hamilton Design Competition was a neat experience to be a part of.
5. What trends in the field are you really excited and passionate about?
Just sustainable innovative design. People thinking outside the box and not settling for quick or default solutions.
6. What is a fun fact about yourself that your coworkers do not know?
I’m a big fan of the performing arts– I’ve loved theatre and classical music since I was in high school.
7. Park or plaza?
A plaza, within a park. I like balance, and the two don’t have to (and in some cases shouldn’t) be mutually exclusive.